This Butternut Squash soup is my go to fall soup. It’s warm and creamy and cozy and sometimes I think I crave fall weather just so I can cook this up. If you use a blender make sure it can handle the heat of the veggies before you blend it up, you don’t want to melt your blender. I hope you enjoy the fall weather with a big bowl of this warm goodness in your hands.
1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 White Onion
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
28oz Chicken Broth
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1. Pour 2 tbsp Olive Oil in Skillet and bring to medium High heat. Add Garlic and allow to simmer for 1 minute.
2. Add sliced onions and let caramelize for five minutes.
3. Peel, clean and cube butternut squash into one inch cubes. Add in to skillet for five more minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, water, spices and salt and pepper, bring to low boil.
5. Simmer 10-15 minutes until squash is fork tender.
6. Pour entire pan into Vitamix or comparable blender. Blend on medium high for one minute.
7. Transfer to serving container and enjoy!